Stuffed Seminole Pumpkins
Jemma picked a Seminole Pumpkin at her first Forest School meet up, so we cooked it for dinner! Here is a vegan stuffed pumpkin recipe that will work for most winter squashes!
- 1 Seminole pumpkin (cut in half and scooped)
- 1 can of white beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 ears of corn cut from the cob
- 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup of spinach
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- all spice
- sprinkle of sugar (optional)
- sea salt and pepper
- garden herbs (we used Chinese chives and Cuban oregano)
- 1. Wash and cut your pumpkin in half and scoop out the pulp and seeds
- 2. In a sauce pan combine beans, cut corn, panko bread crumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, sprinkle of salt, pepper with drizzle of olive oil.
- 3. Heat for just a few seconds to combine ingredients and remove from heat
- 4. Stir in spinach (don't cook, everything will bake together in the oven)
- 5. Coat pumpkins with olive oil and rub with allspice, salt, pepper, and sprinkle of sugar (optional)
- 6. Fill each half with bean mixture and top with panko bread crumbs
- 7. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes in casserole dish
- 8. Serve and ENJOY!
Post a Comment