Moringa with Vegan Chili Lime Aioli
We came home from plant school with a pod/drumstick from a Moringa tree at Banana River Yard. I made into a tasty meal... here is the recipe!
Steamed Moringa Pod with Chili Lime Aioli
- Moringa Drumsticks
- Green Onion
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp plant-based mayo
- Sprinkle of chili powder
- Sprinkle of onion powder
- Sprinkle of garlic powder
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Hemp Seeds
- Served with Tostones (baked or fried)
- Cut pod into 3-4 inch pieces, trimming the ends
- Steam them above water with a green onion for about 15 minutes, until you can put a fork into the skin
- Combine all aioli ingredients together
- Serve sliced moringa with tostones, aioli and sprinkle with extra lime and hemp seeds
- --TO EAT: scrape the inside off with your teeth, just like an artichoke, and discard the skin.
Here are the skins so you can see the discards...