Easy Vegan King Cake
First, lets be clear: this is not plant-based whole food, this is straight up VEGAN JUNK FOOD! Yummy, delicious vegan junk food for Mardi Gras!
VEGAN KING CAKE
My four year old pretty much did this by herself, so when I say this is easy... I mean easy!
- 2 layers of vegan puff pastry or 2 tubes of vegan crescent rolls
- 4 tablespoons vegan cream cheese (we used Tofutti)
- 4 tablespoons strawberry jelly
- 1 tub of vegan frosting (Dunkin Hines vanilla)
- vegan sprinkles
1. Roll out the crescent rolls or pastries in to long lines and press down in the middle to make room for the filling
2. Place on a baking stone or sheet in a round shape, and spoon cream cheese and strawberry jelly into the center
3. Place the second layer on top and pinch the edges closed
4. Bake the cake according to time and temperature on the dough packaging
5. Once the cake is cooled, spoon your frosting into a microwave safe container, and heat for about 30 seconds
6. Pour the frosting over the cake, and add your sprinkles... let it cool off and ENJOY. Remember if you want to hide the baby Jesus or Crown inside the cake, do it before you frost it!
Happy Mardi Gras! Laissez les bon temps rouler! xxoo