Vegan Chocolate Papaya Cake
This is one of those vegan but not "whole-foods"cakes. It is vegan junkfood and it is delicious. This cake is so easy -- perfect for last minute treats!
If you look on many websites that speak out against animal cruelty, they will provide a list of "accidentally vegan" foods. Duncan Hines Devils Food Chocolate Cake Mix is one of them -- and I use it to make this easy cake.
- 1 box Duncan Hines Devils Food Chocolate Cake
- 1 Papaya (peeled and de-seeded)
- 1.5 cups plant milk (I like oat, hemp, or almond)
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 slice of papaya
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- Peel, de-seed, and slice the papaya
- Put all of the slices except for one (about 1/8) of the fruit in the food processor
- Blend the plant milk and the papaya in the food processor until liquified
- Add the olive oil to the mixture
- Stir the mixture into the chocolate cake mix
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes in a bundt pan (or until a toothpick comes our clean)
- Blend the saved slice of papaya with the powdered sugar in the food processor until it makes icing and drizzle it over the cake
It is that easy -- and it is SO DELICIOUS!
Post a Comment