Plant-Based Veggie Muffins
These muffins are an amazing tool to get vegetables into your kiddo's diet. They are also very forgiving when it comes to measurements, so you can get your littles involved in the baking process! We use these for: spinach, squash, beans, zucchini, nuts, carrots, cauliflower, kale -- whatever veggies or legumes you want to add, just puree them and sneak them in.
- 3 cups of flour (whatever kind you like)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg (optional - great with squash)
- 1 mushy banana
- 1 cup sugar or (sweetener of choice)
- 1 1/4 cup plant milk
- 1/3 cup olive oil (or any oil you want)
- 1/2 cup pureed veggies (this is what you are sneaking in: spinach, beans, zucchini etc.)
- 1. Let your kiddos measure and mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2. Combine wet ingredients in another bowl or a food processor until fully mixed.
- 3. Combine dry and wet ingredients in the large bowl and stir together until fully mixed.
- 4. Bake in stone (coated in coconut oil) at 370 degrees for 30 minutes OR in muffin tin at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
AND... It is vegan so go ahead and eat the batter!
Post a Comment